Length: 4 weeks, Online
· SavvyAuthors (www.savvyauthors.com) – April 4, 2011
· Fantasy, Futuristic & Paranormal RWA (http://www.romance-ffp.com/workshops.cfm) – September 5, 2011
· SavvyAuthors (www.savvyauthors.com) - October 15, 2012
· Passionate Ink RWA (http://www.passionateink.org/workshops/) – October 7, 2013
Want to create a world rich with masters and submissive, whips and chains, leather and ropes? BDSM for Writers is the perfect place to start your trip into mysterious dungeons and fetish clubs.
In this month long workshop, participants will get an overview of BDSM, and should glean sufficient details to use when adding BDSM to their own writing. The workshop will consist of lectures and assignments as well as a day of Q&A.
The content to be presented will be appropriate for authors at all levels of writing experience. And, while there are no specific ‘prerequisites’, an open mind and the desire to learn the ins and outs of weaving believable BDSM into fiction is essential.
Week One: Introduction to BDSM and a look at bondage, discipline, domination and submission
Week Two: Playing with toys, getting to know BDSM equipment, and rules and safety
Week Three: Role playing, setting up a scene and a discussion about dungeons
Week Four: BDSM as a Lifestyle, online resources and course wrap up
End of workshop: Q&A
LESSONS AND ASSIGNMENTS
Lessons will be posted on a schedule and I will assign homework where the students have to write a short scene - 500 words or less - using information learned in the ‘lesson’. For example, during “All Tied Up”, participants will have to write a scene using Bondage. For “Playing with Toys”, authors would pick one toy and write a scene using it.
· “The open dialogue that made you feel comfortable enough to ask questions and share.”
· “At all times we were encouraged to ask questions that were either part of a topic or off topic and they were answered.”
· “Really appreciated her non-judgmental attitude about various sexual practices.”
· “Excellent class - unbelievable detail and great content. Handled very professionally and top notch info.”
· “The professionalism and level of detail was exactly what I needed for the content. Too often its sensationalized and just not the right detail but the instructor was excellent and her content was outstanding!”
LENGTH: 4 weeks, Online
Are all killers the same? Are all rapists motivated by the same things? Surprisingly, the answer is a resounding NO. Even though we’d like to think that all criminals are crazy or simply evil, they are complex creatures as varied and three-dimensional as the heroes we love.
Creating the Perfect Predator the perfect place to start your journey into the recesses of your villain’s mind and psyche. Learn how they became the way they are, why they do thing heinous things they do – and what they get out of it.
The four-week workshop is for authors at all levels of writing experience. There are no specific ‘prerequisites’ other than an open-mind, and a desire to create spine-chilling, believable predators. The workshop is meant to be an overview of criminals and predators – not just killers. It will include the psychology of rapists, arsonists, cult leaders and pedophiles – as well as a strategy for the hero/heroine to find and catch the villain.
1. Introduction to Creating a Believable Predator
2. Profiling – What to look for
3. Killers – Are they all the same?
4. Arsonists – A Burning Obsession
5. Cult and Satanic Crimes – Fool Me Once
6. Rapists – Who Rapes
7. Pedophiles – Why They Do It
8. Cults – No Safety in Numbers
9. Satanic Groups – Is It Really A Demonic Possession?
10. Catching the Bad Guys – and Final Thoughts
LESSONS AND ASSIGNMENTS
I will assign homework where the students have to write a short scene – 500 words or less – using information learned in the ‘lesson’. For example, during the Killers lesson, they have to write a scene using from the killer’s point of view. For the Arsonist lesson, I have them write a scene from the point of view of the arsonist.
All content copyright © ldmadison.com 2009 – 2011. All rights reserved.